My Lomography Homepage

Come check out all of my lomo shots at Lomography.com. I post all of my photos taken on my Diana or Brownie on this site. This is a very cool site with millions of photos taken by people around the world. If you don't know what lomography is, this site will get you very familar with the concept really quick.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Lady Gaga New Creative Director for Polaroid



I am interested to see what Gaga can make of Polaroid. The chic did go to school at the Tisch School of Arts at NYU. Yes she is the biggest name in pop music right now, but you have to look at how she has gotten herself to that point in so little time. Her performances, music, style, wardrobe, everything she presents to the public is an expression of herself and she does it so well that she has made herself the biggest name in the industry. To me that is art; no different then Van Gogh, Warhol or Dali, she just found the right avenue to do it.
Photo by: AJM/AAD/starmaxinc.com 2010 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 1/7/10 Lady Gaga at a promotiona

I would hope that is the reason Polaroid has made this decision. I think it is a step in the right direction. She has said she wants to take the "iconic image of Polaroid instant film photo and bring it in to the digital era." I am not a pop music fan and I don't ever fall into the hype of commercial and obvious music, but I have seen things from her that is not normal. She has got me very curious as to her art and motivation. I have learned that it is just better to keep an open mind. Lets see what she's got.


Lady Gaga: Art Or Not?

New Polaroid PIC 1000


This is not Lady Gaga's work, this is the new Polaroid PIC 1000. Not sure what the price will be but it will come in metal or plastic or this killer 70's wooden throw-back. It will also have a flash, timer, and red-eye reduction. Someone else made a good point, I don't think Polaroid had any intention of discontinuing the instant camera, they just wanted to remind the world how good Coca-Cola Classic was. This is the past and it is now our future. Digital is alright but it will never replace analog.

2 comments:

  1. Swoon. I can't wait to get more polaroid film. My stash is low :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails